For some reason Mozilla has decided Thou Shalt Not Tumblr. Eternal log in screen and I can’t figure out why. Same deal on Safari on iPod. Huh. Go, Chrome, go!
… I strongly suspect I’m going to owe the Mews a corner of my soul for bailing me out of the mental badlands again. So I might be making a trek out to the House of Mews for some of my vacation next week. … They have a very good sales pitch. I’ll just have to bring ALL the Claritin. And proper non-drowsy Dramamine this time for the drive. Oi.
kaza999 replied to your photo “There are some nights where I just get too angry at my inability to…”
he has nice hair! (hair is such a pain in the ass for me to draw omg, i’m always super impressed when someone draws pretty hair)
Pffft, and my first reaction is “Bless you, child,” because if there’s only one thing I can draw reliably, it’s hair. Happy accident of how I write/draw with my hand anchored, but I can do very even long strokes, which translates well to anything with swoosh. … An inordinate amount of people I draw end up with long hair.
*head tilt one way*
*head tilt the other way*
I have gotten more AO3 comments in the past two weeks than in the past oh, six months. Not that I’m complaining, I’m just … deeply confused. Cue deep and abiding, “Huh.”
And the twist of guilt works its barbs in deeper. >_>
Am considering posting snippets of things that have already been written and opening drabble prompts for any particular thing people want to see more of. One of my major motivators to write is a) the challenge of “How does that work?” b) knowing this person right there wants it. A faceless audience of people freaks me the hell out with performance anxiety, a single person I can make happy is way more doable.
Is this a thing anyone would actually participate/be interested in?
Send me some numbers, and I will tell you:
- What does their bedroom look like?
- Do they have any daily rituals?
- Do they exercise, and if so, what do they do? How often?
- What would they do if they needed to make dinner but the kitchen was busy?
- Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.)
- Eating habits and sample daily menu
- Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time
- Favorite indulgence and feelings surrounding indulging
- Neuroses? Do they recognize them as such?
- Intellectual pursuits?
- Favorite book genre?
- Sexual Orientation? And, regardless of own orientation, thoughts on sexual orientation in general?
- Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.)
- Biggest and smallest short term goal?
- Biggest and smallest long term goal?
- Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress
- Favorite beverage?
- What do they think about before falling asleep at night?
- Childhood illnesses? Any interesting stories behind them?
- Turn-ons? Turn-offs?
- Given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen?
- How organized are they? How does this organization/disorganization manifest in their everyday life?
- Is there one subject of study that they excel at? Or do they even care about intellectual pursuits at all?
- How do they see themselves 5 years from today?
- Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout?
- What is their biggest regret?
- Who do they see as their best friend? Their worst enemy?
- Reaction to sudden extrapersonal disaster (eg The house is on fire! What do they do?)
- Reaction to sudden intrapersonal disaster (eg close family member suddenly dies)
- Most prized possession?
- Thoughts on material possessions in general?
- Concept of home and family?
- Thoughts on privacy? (Are they a private person, or are they prone to ‘TMI’?)
- What activities do they enjoy, but consider to be a waste of time?
- What makes them feel guilty?
- Are they more analytical or more emotional in their decision-making?
- Would they consider themselves a Type A or Type B personality?
- What recharges them when they’re feeling drained?
- Would you say that they have a superiority-complex? Inferiority-complex? Neither?
- How misanthropic are they?
- How far did they get in formal education? What are their views on formal education vs self-education?
- Superstitions or views on the occult?
- Do they express their thoughts through words or deeds?
- If they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal?
- How do they express love?
- If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like?
- Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not?
(Source: ask-arkham, via referenceforwriters)